"Of all the black crimes man commits against God and creation, vivisection is the blackest." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
How hard can it be to understand this?
“Consequently the vivisector is not only crueler than the prizefighter, but, through the pressure of public opinion, a much more resolute and uncompromising liar…It is the vivisector’s interest to refine upon the cruelties of the laboratory, whilst persuading the public that his victims pass into a delicious euthanasia and leave behind them a row of bottles containing infallible cures for all the disease. Just so, too, does the trainer of performing animals assure us that his dogs and cats and elephants and lions are taught their senseless feats by pure kindness.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
Why is it still going on? Stop it already...
"During my medical education at University I found vivisection horrible, barbarous, and above all unnecessary." ~ Carl G. Jung
"If a drug is given to an animal and the animal dies (or is made ill) the results of the test will be ignored. The drug will still be given to people on the grounds that people are different to animals. If a drug is given to an animal and the animal survives the experience, the drug company and its researchers will claim that this shows the drug to be safe.
The Government’s advisers collude with this nonsense." - Vernon Coleman
"I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it. The pains which it inflicts upon unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity towards it, and it is to me sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further." ~ Mark Twain (1899)
Here are some of the organisations working to stop animal experiments:
A European Citizens' Initiative (ECI) to save human lives.
Animal Defenders International
Working Together For Animals
Cruelty Free International - formerly BUAV (British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection)
The Campaign to End All Animal Experiments
Anti Vivisection Coalition
Animals are not objects!
Empty All Cages
The truth is both a terrible and great thing - the wise submit when confronted by it. The animal holocaust is real.
Until They Are All Free
YouTube videos of the "Earth Liberation Front", "Animal Liberation Front" & "Direct Action".
They All Had Eyes: Confessions of a vivisectionist
The book title says it all, written by Michael Slusher.
Proving that animal experiments don't save lives
Dr Coleman is a registered and licensed general practitioner principal and a former Professor of Holistic Medical Sciences at the International Open University in Sri Lanka. He has an honorary DSc. He has given evidence to the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
- "It is now official that vivisection is a cruel fraud - done solely for money and kudos. Vivisection has nothing whatsoever to do with people or health."
- "88% of doctors agreed that laboratory experiments performed on animals can be misleading because of anatomical and physiological differences between animals and humans."
- "Work done in the US has shown that heart disease is most effectively treated without drugs or surgery. A simple curative programme (based on diet, exercise and stress control) has proved to be the safest, most effective and most economical way to reverse existing heart disease."
- "The real bottom line is stark: no animal experiment has ever saved a human life. But animal experiments have led to many human deaths."
- "Truth: No animal experiment ever conducted has ever helped any human patient. Not one human life has ever been saved by vivisection. No animal experiment conducted in the future will help human patients."
- "A vast number of drugs are sold for doctors to prescribe for human patients but are known to cause cancer or other serious problems when given to animals.
- Ten biggest lies vivisectors tell.
- How to Win Debates with Vivisectors
- Grumpy Old Vegan article
- Horrifically is it easier to list the companies NOT involved in animal testing
- Huntingdon Life Sciences their company policy of serial animal abuse explained in a two minute video...
- Some health charities do not condone animal abuse, oddly these include animal charities. Animal Aid have a regularly updated list of which charities do and those who don't.